Friday, March 8, 2019

Dr. Tess Hawk,The Abducted: Part 2


If you missed part one, read that here first. 


Then, Sugar, using his nose, pointed to a spray bottle full of purple bubbly stuff, one of many strapped to my side. Instinctively, I held it out and sprayed it hard at the alien before he could move an inch. The alien evaporated into nothing but stinky green fumes and left behind nothing but a small, green puddle.

    Sugar and I didn’t take much time to think. Things were happening fast now. All I knew was I would need a bit more than chance to find my way out of this maze of a UFO. And who knows how deep in space the spaceship might’ve gone while I was sleeping?

    We began wandering about the UFO. The reflective doors opened at our approach. I felt confident now, with my little friend in my pocket and my Alien Evaporator (yes, I named it) at my side. I was looking forward to returning home and being back with my other friends and family.

    Sugar and I, courageous but confused, had wandered but a few empty rooms at a fast pace when we came across the pilot cabin of the alien’s ship. The pilot cabin had a round clear top and a flat clear bottom. In the center was a spinning stool, surrounded by controls not unlike an airplane’s. Atop the stool was an alien who was similar to the needle-bearing one except he was taller, and had longer arms and bigger, fewer eyes.

    When I stepped into the room, he made no move to attack. He just sat there with his head cocked and a curious look on his face. Sugar, using his nose, pointed to the spray bottle.

    But I hesitated.

    Did he know I was captive here? He seems rather clueless, I thought.

The pilot alien’s expression looked familiar. Suddenly, short memories flooded my brain. In each flash of memory I saw myself reflected in some object---a vase, a window---my face filled with the same expression of curiosity.

    Then, the flooding ceased. My memory was triggered to the inside of a plane---the pilot's cabin of a human-made plane. My brother -- an adult with messy red bangs and a loving grin underneath a pilot cap -- was teaching me to fly the little plane. At one point, as he instructed me, I became slightly confused. Before I could ask him anything, I noticed my reflection in a window. My expression --

I blinked and was back in the pilot cabin. Sugar kept pointing at the Alien Evaporator, but I did not even reach for it. I could not shoot the alien. He was too human to me now, with curiosity I could compare to my own and the same confusing situation I was in.

Sugar pointed more frantically now. So I slowly picked up the Alien Evaporator and pointed at the pilot alien.

“Leave,” I commanded. “Or I will shoot!”

The pilot put his hands up and waddled out of the room as quickly as he could. Once he was out, I immediately dropped the Alien Evaporator and took the stool. “Flying a UFO couldn’t be too different, right?” I asked the rat in my pocket with a shrug.

Through the clear bottom, I could see the UFO was hovering not far above Earth. The flight went smoothly and even enjoyably after I found a few small differences between UFOs and planes. Perhaps even easier than flying a plane! I was hovering safely over a small grassy cliff in my own backyard in no time.

Now the problem was finding my way to the exit. I slightly nervously put my hands in my pockets after putting the Alien Evaporator back in my belt.

One touched Sugar. His tiny tongue gently licked my hand and reassured me. Then he began directing me. He remembered being brought into the UFO. I went whichever way his nose pointed and we did not come across one alien. Soon we had found a room without a floor that was over the cliff.

In one big jump we were on Earth’s soft, green grass again. We were home.  Of course, I didn’t kiss the ground or anything, but it was a very happy moment. A sunrise decorated the sky.

Just when I thought the trouble was over, I saw ginormous monsters of aliens appearing around me -- three of them!

And suddenly, there were two more descending from their spaceship! They were each twice the size of the needle-bearing alien and had gaping mouths opened wide at me. They had fangs, too. They were slowly moving towards me, surrounding me in every direction, and getting closer and closer...

Fear crept over me. I sprayed the Alien Evaporator long and hard at them, but all it did was make them sniffle. I shot their crowds of eyes, but the only reaction I got was a few blinks. I tried to keep my chin up but now I was trapped in a circle of them. Even Sugar was looking down in defeat. I still tried, looking all around for a solution until there was only one place to look.

I look down in defeat. Then I saw it -- a tiny purple flower right next to my foot! The purple Alien Evaporator mix -- I had made it with a lot of water and one tiny drop of this flower’s nectar! Knowing how much more powerful the rare flower was alone, I split it down the stem. The alien monsters, choking and coughing violently, ascended back to their ship to fly away.

I had at last defeated them. We had defeated them. As Sugar and I watched the UFO spin off into the stars, I looked forward to the future. Then something told me they’d be back. Something else to look forward to.


   



No comments:

Post a Comment