Sunday, March 3, 2019

Dr. Tess Hawk, the Abducted: Part 1

Today instead of writing something new, I'm posting something I wrote a year ago (with no additional edits). It is part of a sci-fi short story called "Dr. Tess Hawk, the Abducted". 

With the extra time I gain by posting old stuff I plan attempt a time travel comedy short story. (No, I haven't ever wrote a time travel comedy before, I'm kind of messing around and still trying to find out what my genre is.) :)

So without further ado, I hand the mic to Dr. Tess Hawk.


It was not a normal day. I knew it from the moment I woke up.


I woke when I heard him coming.


THUMP! I fell to the smooth, hard ground on my hands and knees after what felt like a long rest floating in the air.


On this ground, I felt like I was riding in a car except this one went up, down, left, right, and many angles in between. As I looked around me, I realized this was all I imagined a UFO would be like. I saw the room I was in was round-ish and metallic with reflective yet see-through walls. They were like thin, bended glass with clear reflections in the glares, but they were not glass. They had a strange metallic tint to them. Mostly all I saw through them was foggy white.


I didn’t have a clue how I ended up here. The last thing I could remember was star-gazing in my yard. I felt a pounding pain in my head.


Through one clear wall, I saw a green blob of a creature getting closer -- blobby step by step.


Whenever he took a step, his jumbo body jiggled like jello. He wasn’t as tall as my standing height, but much wider and heavier looking. Holding all of him up were two dwarfish legs with no noticeable feet. Near the top of his head was a mess of little eyes -- over ten, maybe. In his green, slimy hand (or was it just an arm?) was a large syringe needle, like the one a doctor uses.


I was petrified. Everything seemed to be in slow motion -- unreal, like a movie. Even the alien was moving slowly closer.


Is he going to hurt me?
What will I do?
That needle couldn’t be for good…
How will I escape?
Is he moving that slowly or does it just feel that way?
Did they knock me out?
Or was it just shock?


My mind was muddled with questions. I glanced at a wall and saw my reflection. Perhaps that will help clear my confusion? I thought. My reflection was very pretty with a long, thick, curvy, red braid that reached to my hips. The loose hair on the top of my head, above the braid, was fairly frizzy, but that was to be expected of someone who had just been abducted by aliens of outer space.


I looked down. Around my tall body draped a long lab coat.


I need to survive… I need to save people...


My name tag said, “Dr. Tess Hawk.” Now this was all beginning to feel much more real -- as real as me.


I’m a scientist… I need answers…


The needle-bearing alien was in the same room now.


But what do I do? What do I do?


I felt around my lab coat anxiously.


That’s when I felt something warm in my lab coat move. It -- or rather he -- was a white, fluffy ball of goodness peering up at me.


Sugar!


I suppose if I were anybody else I would have screamed aloud. But I knew Sugar was not the kind of rat to be screamed at. No, he was my only companion.


As I stroked him, I forgot the alien getting closer and felt a calm peace. I quietly worked to sort out my brain, still stroking Sugar’s fur. Pathetically, I looked towards him. Does he remember anything? Does he remember more than me?


THUD!


I shook when I heard another loud, rubbery footstep. The needle-bearing alien was suddenly almost close enough to stab me. Looking up at him in fear, I shuffled backwards on my knees.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment